Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 2: A "Berry" Busy Day

I had a busy day, so today's meals are not too extravagant. I came home for lunch and made a simple sandwich before changing and heading to work. I work at the berry counter at Lewis Strawberry Farms, a staple destination in Wilmington during the spring and summer. It is not too bad of a place to work, although I can't really eat the gorgeous-looking strawberries stacked around me because I have to sell them to customers. Today was the hottest and slowest five hours I have ever had to work; the building is not completely enclosed so all of the workers felt gross and hot the entire time.

Anyway, the last thing I wanted to do after getting off work at 6:30 was to cook dinner. As I drove by restaurants on the way home, I felt like the signs and restaurants seemed brighter and better than normal. Maybe they knew I couldn't have their food this week. Once I got home, I googled some of the easiest things to make (although Real Simple's definition of "easy" still overestimates my skills), and I found a recipe for chicken quesadillas. I had leftover chicken from the night before (hooray for being able to buy chicken in bulk) and made my fastest dinner possibly ever (not including Easy-Mac).


Tonight's meal actually kind of looks like how it is supposed to look!

Having to come home from work and cook made me realize why people eat at fast food restaurants and get take-out so often: after work there is no motivation to do anything else laborious. I just worked for five hours straight, and I did not want to spend another hour working to get food on the table. I wanted food and was too tired to put in much effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment