Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 4: Midweek

Nothing too special to report today. For dinner I made Szechuan Shrimp and rice. I still find it funny when recipes say that they will take twenty minutes to make and it actually takes me over an hour to make the meal from start to finish. I wonder how much of meals chefs prepare beforehand in restaurants so that they can actually create meals in a reasonable time period. Maybe they have elves or something that do all of the preparations for them or something.

I think I am getting better at cooking. I am not good enough yet that Gordon Ramsey would not yell at me but better than I was at the beginning of the week. My meals are starting to look more legitimate, and I have learned the value of rice. Rice has been my steady companion this week while I have neglected vegetables.

Who needs different colors in food anyway?

Tomorrow should be more exciting food-wise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment