Sunday, May 24, 2015

Day 7: Last Day

So today is that last day in my week of cooking.

Lunch was simple; it was a turkey-brie-craisin wrap (it might sound strange but cranberries and turkey go really well together--think Thanksgiving). Over the week I've noticed how my meals have become more impulsive and creative and how they have turned out better than expected the majority of the time.

For dinner, I had a hamburger, sweet potato fries, and squash casserole. The first two things were store-bought and there wasn't much preparation for them, but I made the squash casserole from scratch. Again, like most homemade things, it took over an hour to make.


Today was the first time that I had three distinct parts of a meal; normally my meals would consist of things added together to create one big thing such as pizza or pasta. It is interesting to see how the process of making dinner is different when you have to have multiple things going on at once in order to have everything finish at the same time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment